Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Out Of Context

It’s easy to take things out of context. Have them mean more than in the moment they were spoken, felt or acted upon. Especially when you’re feeling low. I used to be a master of this. Taking someone’s words and twisting them, particularly when I thought someone or something was unjust. This is very much a the-world’s-out-to-get-me theory. Learning to relax and just take the moment for what it is has helped me. Let people off. If they haven’t been involved in this situation: don’t blame them for something they have said pre-situation.

If anyone does say anything to put you down, you don’t know everything that’s happened during their day. This life is also give and take. You’re allowed to have a bad day, so why not show the same courtesy to others? But when people take you down, it’s not necessarily because of you. You know your mission, your goals, your feelings and that’s the most important thing. The other person may put you down in order to make themselves feel better. There are many reasons people may put you down and most of the time it has nothing to do with you. They may have had a bad day and you’ve just caught them at the wrong moment. I used to take constructive criticism as if it was a failure on my part. But criticism and constructive criticism are very different things. Constructive criticism is good because at least it is something that you can work on. Every criticism is therefore constructive given that you can work on it. And I used to be really petty, and stop doing whatever I got criticised for just because I'd been criticised. This is no way to live. I am now trying to accept these constructive criticisms and act on them in the best way I can.
 
Steph
 
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment