Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Progress Yourself

I haven't seen one of my friends 3 - 4 months and we were just chatting generally, I mentioned all the stuff I was up to nowadays and I had to take a step back (or wheel back!)

I am proud of where I am now because I even took the reigns at work earlier on today, running the hub in Camberley library.

No one else except the people I work with is going to get how major that was for me. And sometimes not even my colleagues will get how important something is to me. That gave me an idea.

So I implore you, if you're someone who thinks life never changes, to keep a bullet point list of what you are up to, monthly.

You will notice changes. Even if it's just a little thing, jot it down because its quite often that the thing we see as small now turn out to be the bigger things.

An example: I was nervous (and still am) about calling strangers on the phone but I was the only one in the office when the phone rang, so I had to answer it. I'm still not confident about speaking on the phone but I have to remember that it might be their job to listen to me, that may well be what they are payed for.

By doing this monthly or once or twice a year you can see how far you've progressed.

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment