Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 November 2015

'Keep On Pretending'

V1:
People make mistakes
Mine was letting you break
Into my heart to take
Everything away hey
Cos now I’m left
With nothing but a sharp cleft
Tearing me slowly
From the place I used to be

Chorus:
I thought I had you
Cos in my head you loved me too
But that was just a fairytale
That’s never gonna get a happy ending
I’d rather you told me didn’t keep on pretending
Like we had was something real
But it was all in my head cos you couldn’t feel

V2:
People are happy
If they make their minds up to be
So I’m gonna keep smiling
Even though the flower is dying
Cos now I see
The time wasn’t right for you and me
At least I know
And you know you took a piece of my soul
(Repeat Chorus)
M8:
So don’t worry
Every masterpiece has begun with a single word
No don’t worry
I just thought I’d bring some light to your world
But no it is not to be
I can stop wasting my time on dreams yeah.

Copyright © 2013 Stephanie Carfrae. All Rights Reserved.


*I wrote  this in 2013 but it's funny how certain things have a way of repeating themselves! I hope you like it. 

Steph

XxX*

No comments:

Post a Comment