Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 December 2014

How To: Cope When Life Gets You Down; Confidence

I came across this quote whilst I was reading this: http://www.marcandangel.com/2014/01/29/10-painfully-obvious-truths-everyone-forgets-too-soon/ and I just think it's really important to remember.

'Today, let someone love you just the way you are as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as incomplete as you think you are. Yes, let someone love you despite all of this, and let that someone be YOU.' - Marc Chernoff

We all go through stages of not loving ourselves because we feel it's wrong.


Someone else should be doing that!
That is the feeling I know oh too well.

But if, like me for so many years, I'd get home from school/sixth form/university to find that there was no one there.

Now, instead of feeling down about myself I wrote down things to cheer myself up. The quotation books which I have mentioned before, are still being filled. I don't ever want to feel like I'm not worth it, and that is why I started writing them. They are handwritten, ink and paper because I think that's the best way to remind myself. Yes, seeing something on a screen does have its benefits, but having it written down in ink makes it more final, I think anyway.

I have a box. A big old box of papers with notes or emails on them. They are from my best friends. When I was sixteen - I sent out an email on myspace (back in the day!) to all my best friends asking them what they thought of who I am today/who I was when we first met and who I will become. I guess I'm brave to have done that. I sit and read through them on the days I don't feel good or up to the job. My best friends (at the time) were incredible and are still. Most of them I am stilll in contact with and will go on to be friends with. I was and am very lucky to have the friends and family I do have and though it is frustrating sometimes, I wouldn't change them for the world.

And if I get really down, I've always got my 21 book which even a flick through will cause me to smile tremendously.

I also had a very special questionnaire which I asked my good friends at the time to fill out for me. Looking at the answers on those always fill me with joy. If I'm ever having a bad day I have at least 4 things to look at/ways of feeling better. And I am always surprised to read how much faith my friends have for me.

And it reminds me I have to believe it to make it true of myself. It always boosts my confidence and belief in myself.

So, it's a good way of remembering my self worth. I hope this helps,

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment