Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 September 2014

How To: Put Your Mind Over The Matter


It really does work! When I was in pain my mind just transported me to a memory, a joyous memory of something I had done on my 17th birthday (I spoke to someone for the first time) and I could no longer feel the pain. It is hard to do. You have to totally withdraw from yourself at this moment, and just picture the scenario again afresh. I’d had a lot of experience of this by this point. In fact the very first time I stayed in hospital on my own I was able to see an amber light from roadwork’s or something, so I just pretended I was back in Orlando, Florida where every night I’d go to sleep able to see an amber light outside my window.

It really works. I know a lot of people will just dismiss it. People have a lot on their plate and so don’t have time to recount what memory will make them feel better in a particular moment when or indeed if they need it. But it is good to think about. In the little lulls that everybody has, when nothing’s going on. I’ve been given a lot of chances in my life, and for the many I have taken I don’t regret a second. Every second was part of the experience, so although a lot of things did go wrong, I can’t remember them now because as has been said many times, the highlights of a time count for the memories. One of the most important thing I have learnt is that you may as well take a chance because what’s the worst that could happen? 

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment