Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 August 2014

In The Light Of The Death Of Robin Williams

Strange expression to use...


It's so hard to comprehend even writing this but I will try my best...




I never thought this day would come as soon as it has. He was seriously depressed. But you wouldn't think that to see him or meet him. I never had the luxury of meeting him, but I've heard he was a bundle of energy to be around. I don't know how or why he got depressed but I know he put on a show for the outside world. Maybe the show wore him down in the end? He wore a brave face for the cameras, never really showing who he was inside. There are (or were) heartfelt moments in his screen attributes that everybody could relate to so it felt like you knew him. I know for me Mrs Doubtfire (that is the one and only film starring Robin Williams I have seen. But I will watch more in light of this news,) will go down as one of the greats of this era. The guy who made childhood complete is gone and we've just got to be strong through this painful time. It will be hard. Thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones.




He was such a talent and it is a huge blow to lose him but think of all the great things he has left us with. I mean, we can go back and see his face in countless movies, hear him and really relate to whatever character he is playing. I'm merely happy for my life because I ever knew a man like him existed. It's very hard saying everything in past tense because in stories your heroes live on forever.




R.I.P Robin Williams
As it was put by one of my great friends, Serra 'Today, we lost a national treasure. Rest in Peace Robin Williams. From alien to Nanny, we will never forget how much you made us laugh and how important you are to us. It saddens me to hear that our funny man has passed on due to depression. That's the thing with mental illness, sometimes the people who bring the most happiness to others, are in battle with their own demons.'






Steph






XxX



No comments:

Post a Comment