Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 June 2014

How To Be OK When Nothing's Happening

In your eyes anyway. . .

Things are constantly changing, and just because we can't see it with the naked eye doesn't mean it's not happening. Things are working behind the scenes for you.

Life works behind closed doors.

A lot of the time.

I know how stressful it can be for nothing to happen.

To fear that it will never happen.

You have to pull yourself away from this fear in this case.

It's scary.

I know it is.

You've just got to believe that the world works in allbeit weird but wonderful ways.

For instance, I had scandalous times at uni and they don't have to be over. Just because that time in my life sadly came to an end, when I get out of my house I can revive the Steph from back then!

It doesn't start 'when...' it starts now!

I am still that scandalous person just without scandal for now.

I truely believe my time will come and just because it's not happening right now it isn't a bad thing.

It's frustrating and easy to give over to pessisism and let that rule your headspace.

Wait.

A.

Minute.

It's YOUR headspace.

You can fill it with what you like.

It's hard to evade all the negative thoughts in your mind. Especially at times like these.

Just keep confirming to yourself that it will work out.

Say it out loud or write it down if you must.

Keep repeating this affirmation (yes, it's one of those) until you believe it.

You may feel a little silly, but it's good for you.

Something I learnt from Jack Canfield was to look myself in the mirror before I go to bed and say 'I love you'. Pretty deft telling your reflection you love it. But it goes much deeper, you're telling yourself you love you. And yeah, I laughed the first few times but after a while it just became part of my routine.

Hope this has helped, let me know if it has thank you!

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment