Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 December 2013

How To: Not Care What Others Think

Though it’s the festive time of year, it doesn’t mean that problems aren’t there. Though we’d like them to just fade away, they don’t, they might be masked or put aside for said special occasion, so I will continue putting these ‘How To’ posts up until I run out. I don’t know if they help in any way but by putting my own experiences into the world this way I’m hoping there might be someone who can take hope or inspiration from it.

You have to change your attitude. It’s just a fact. You know who you are, where you’re going in life and if people choose to judge you for whatever, that’s they’re choice. It doesn’t really matter. You’ll probably never see those judgemental people again. The people who matter will not judge you; they will take you how you are for who you are. Even if they judge other people. People think you have to be strong not to care, but you don’t. You just have to get to know who matters and who doesn’t. As long as you know who you are, and your direction what does it matter that people judge? As I’ve discussed before, I think it’s so sad that my generation judges people based on the way they are dressed or the way they act in a certain circumstance. I make a point of not judging people before I know them. They could just be having a bad day when they behave in a particular way, and just because it’s not the way I would act or dress doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Everyone in this world is different. How I’ve handled something might not necessarily work for you. It may be someone’s last day on this Earth, that’s what I keep in mind when I look at someone and am asked to judge. I don’t think we have the right to judge people. I’m not going to be able to change the world and stop everyone judging – but I’m just saying think about it the next time you go to. Nobody knows what a particular person is going through – for all you know this could be their very last day on Earth.

Remember people that judge you, only judge from their past experiences. They are only judging from their current state of consciousness, which can’t be very high if they’re worrying about you and not themselves. People are generally self-obsessed. So while you are worrying about others judging you, they are probably worrying about you judging them for a particular action or the way they look/dress.

Steph

XxX

1 comment: