Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 December 2013

How To: Be Stronger

I guess I was just sick of being afraid of life. I guess I found courage in all the broken hearts I’d encountered. I just thought, no this is not how my life is going to be. I’d seen how miserable life could be and I didn’t want to go there. I wanted to create my own path. But how did I learn this? I had been living a miserable life, so I knew that wasn’t the way I wanted to be. I knew there was a better way to feel. I just kept believing and I was able to be happy under my terms. I think it’s very important to find out how to be happy in your terms. For instance, I am not doing a lot at the moment because I can’t get out my front door (long story!!!) but I am content in what I do do at the moment, even if it’s not so invigorating.

I am breathing! That is an accomplishment. Everything that you do, every move that you make, is something to be proud of. It isn’t something that will just happen anyway, although a lot of people take it for granted. You need to learn to appreciate that you are alive and you can move around and even if you can’t, at least you’ve got a voice (or technology) to give you a voice. It’s not a very big thing in most people’s eyes, but it is a big thing and once you realise this it almost becomes a necessity to keep going, because although there are millions of people in the world only you can tell your story and no one can understand it better than you. Sure they’ll be days when you want to give up, but you’ve got to believe in yourself. No one is going to be better at being you than you.

A lot of people ask me how I got to be as strong as I am today. I don’t know what it is or was. I guess I’ve picked things up along the way. I’ve always had a belief in life – that it can be great and you could bypass all the heart break and loss and everything else that turns your world upside down – but why would you want to? Sure, it hurts for a while, maybe you’ll never get over such a tragedy happening but it will work out. Life knows what it’s doing. I don’t know how, and I don’t know why these things have or will happen to you but I believe that life will work out and be all right by the end. You’ll see.  

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment