Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 November 2013

How To: Be More Confident

Well, this one is difficult. You need to develop belief and confidence in yourself and what you do. There is no easy way to do this. This started firstly in my looks, I didn’t wear make up for years, partly because I don’t feel I needed to and secondly because I had no one to impress. Even at uni I was still experimenting, having red lips for instance; only now I realise it didn’t really suit me. It did at the time, but times change.

Change is an inevitable part of life. And you can either choose to accept it or resist it. Change comes to us all in different ways, don’t resist it, it’s going to happen anyway. Change happens and it can be horrible, but once that experience is over you’ll be so much stronger.

You have to have faith in yourself and not be afraid to speak your mind. When you believe in what you say it gives you a certain conviction which comes across as confidence.  Just get to know yourself and always try to smile. If you outwardly appear to be confident after a while your body will get used to the persona and give it off naturally. The persona you give to others will be reflected back to you; they will give respect back to you automatically if you treat them with respect.

 If you believe in your work, it will come easier and quicker. You’ve got to have confidence in your work; it’s something you’ve been working on so you must feel it was worth it, at least, at the start. You just have to have the attitude of: Yes! People can make me feel bad if they want to, but that’s not going to stop me. Someone might not like that work, yet others may love it so don’t be disheartened by a few damaging comments. That’s just their opinion.

 *I do not intend that you yourself can do all this by doing these things, but I am putting out there what helped me in the hope that you might find inspiration and so can put one of my little tricks into place in your life. By no means do I think it will help everyone, and by no means will they work for everyone. But give it a go, because you never know!

 If you have a topic you’d like me to cover in the ‘How To’ series then email me: stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk , tweet me @steph_carfrae or leave a comment below! I can’t wait to hear from  you!!*
 
Steph
 
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment