Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Room 101: Judging People

This is one I feel strongly about, and thank Pippa for suggesting it. No one should judge you just based on the way you look. I know it’s a basic instinct that human beings judge people for their outward appearance and it’s going to take a lot to change that. But you should not worry about how people are perceiving you. People are generally so concerned with their own little issues that they don’t even give you a second glance. Of course this isn’t always true, but people are so self-obsessed that to judge someone is wrong. Getting to know someone, irrelevant of the way they look, is the way to go. I have a good friend that I still talk  to occasionally who’s overweight, the type of person I wouldn’t approach if I had a choice, but we started chatting online and realised we had so much in common before I had ever seen her. Now we’re still good friends and everything’s cool. I found a really good friend because I didn’t judge her. I didn’t jump on the bandwagon with everyone else. If you get to know them and they’re a horrible person or stab you in the back then fair enough, at least you gave them a chance. Everyone deserves one. So don’t shunt someone just because they’re wearing an item of clothing that you would never be brave enough to wear out. It comes down to fear. Just because you’d be afraid  to wear wacky clothes or virtually nothing you judge those who do. You resent them for being so outgoing or fun. Now I know it’s human nature to judge people and we all do it. But what I would like to see happen is human beings breaking the habit every once in a while. Not all the time because (granted) it is hard to fight your initial instinct and I know it’s very easy for me to say because most of you have never seen me put this into practise. But I am telling you, half the people who I now consider my best friends wouldn’t be if I had judged them. I just do things that make me happy, wear what I like and don’t worry what people think of me. It does take a certain mentality, but if you are strong enough: give it a go. If you never give it a go, you’ll never know. So I am therefore putting judging people in Room 101.

Agree/disagree? Are you at all stirred by what I’ve been saying? Want to have your say? If you do you can leave it in a comment below or tweet me  @steph_carfrae .

Do you have a great topic for me to discuss or put in Room 101 for next week? Email me: stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk

You can still email me on that same account for ‘Lyric Your Name’ if you are interested in having one written especially for you or others.

No comments:

Post a Comment