Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Oddball

Ok, so I thought I'd do something a bit different today. I hope you like it!

Now, everybody knows my hobby is writing lyrics, and if you didn't where have you been? That's why I was so excited to read today an article called 'Make Your Hobby Possible By Travelling Smart' in Surrey Matters. The main article is about a man called Mark Stay who has written a screenplay called 'Our Robot Overlords' for an up and coming feature film. He explains in the piece how if he didn't travel by train he would never have found the time to write the screenplay.

The article goes on to describe the Travel SMART programme whereby it 'cuts carbon, calories and cost.' I was really pleased when I saw a little by-paragraph about a man called Connor Stephens who writes lyrics on the train and is currently producing his first album, Kickback, for release soon. I find it so inspiring that people can hold down full time work and still find time to do what they love to do. For an hour or so,. they can just focus on the task in hand and worry about work when they get to the  office. They are using their spare time actively, and this is what we should all be doing. If you really love to do something, you will find time to do it. Even if I'm really tired, if  am invested in a chapter of my book, I will keep reading until the resolution of a particular problem because I want someone, someday, to feel that way about a story I've written.

It's good to have a hobby. Something that can distract you when the world seems up in arms. I would like to learn how to sing, as this will help with my lyric writing but I don't have the money at the moment. So maybe that's a pipeline dream, for now, but I'd like to be able to sing my lyrics to people when they ask, as I can't write music I'd like to be able to at least give them a taster.

Thank you for reading,

Remember to email me @ stephcarfrae@yahoo.co.uk  
if you have anything to go in Room 101. Also if you'd like a 'Lyric Your Name'. Thank you.


Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment