Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 11 July 2012

'Someone's Shadow'

Chorus:
I am no longer someone’s shadow
I’ve got people to see places to go
I’ve stepped out of your shadow
Cos now is my time you know
I’m gonna make history
I don’t know how but I will just wait and see
I am no longer someone’s shadow
String me along for the ride cos I won’t
Say anything to contradict
But now I am saying this
I am not under anyone’s control
I live for me that is my role

V1:
In this life heard so many times
That it’s so-o tough
And it is I’m not gonna lie
Or say I’ve had a peachy time
Yes it’s hard
And living in the shadows you’re just a part
Of the track that runs for miles
I just buckled up and smile
(Repeat Chorus)
V2:
In this life it isn’t easy
If you hide behind someone else
I made the decision I wanna be me
And though I know life won’t fit perfectly
I’m proud to be who I am
Making all the wrong plans
My mistakes are mine to keep
I wouldn’t wanna be anyone but me
(Repeat Chorus)
M8:
In this life I’m stepping into the light
Cos it’s my time to shine
Don’t need you to hide behind
I’m ok on my own
Cos I know I’m not alone
Hey I’m not your shadow anymore
I am free of that for sure
Cos I decided
No matter what the result of the fight is
I’m living for me.

© 2012 S. Carfrae

 Contact me if you are interested in putting music to this. Please leave some feedback for me,  I will try to work on whatever needs it. Thank you.

Steph

XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment